Hello and welcome back to my blog! Today I am going to be talking about a craft I did, I just finished it actually. It was a DIY letter craft. Today when we went shopping, we walked past an art shop. It looked really cool so we went in to take a look. We came out with 10 sheets of DIY patterned paper, a wooden word that says "inspire" and two glue sticks. As soon as we got home I started putting it together.
First, I cut some paper squares and stuck one square on for each letter. Next, I cut around them, leaving only the insides full. And finally, I cut out the holes from the inside of the e and the p. I took some pictures, and here are the best pictures I took:
I used different patterns for each letter. The paper was double sided so I didn't end up using all the sheets because I used both sides of a few sheets.
As you can see, some of the pictures were taken on the floor, and some were taken with the words sitting on top of all the paper scraps.
The word is now hanging from my desk with a backdrop of lots of little paper scraps that are leftover.
At the start it was just a plain wooden base that said inspire, I stuck all the paper on and trimmed it down. It took me about two and a half hours.
So I hope you like it, I am very happy with how it turned out, considering my level of craftiness usually falls somewhere between zero and minus one.
So here is my month of poetry for today:
Cut out the paper
Brush the scraps aside as I
Stick on the cut-outs.
Okay so I hope you enjoyed this post. If you want to see more DIY crafts in the future, please give this post a +1 and share it with your friends! Leave a comment telling me what you think! Don't forget to follow me to be notified whenever I post!
Okay byeee
Lizasaur, out! ♥
I love the craft and I really love the haiku!
ReplyDeleteI love your blog and you too. Enjoyed? I LOVED this post. It's beautiful. You inspired me to try this. :-)
ReplyDelete