Hello and welcome back to my blog! Today I'm doing something a little bit different. If you are looking to start a new blog, here are a few tips how to get readers (I know 90% of my readers are my Mum's Facebook friends but I don't care) .
1. Do things people are interested in.
Don't do a blog post just because lots of other people have done it. Do things that people will be interested in, like DIYs or book review. Don't do "Oh, watch me whip, har har har"
People don't care about the silly "trends", they want something substantial that is interesting to them. Ask for ideas! Do a survey! Most importantly, have fun!
2. Come up with a good, catchy name and adress. If your blog is called "Blog38567207493759" and the adress is "7583275947blog758457.blogspot.com, no one will remember it's adress. Mine is simply "Lizasaur" and the adress is "lizasaur.blogspot.com". Don't have an inappropriate name either, or a plain stupid one.
3. Advertise a little, but not TOO much.
If you advertise too much, people will think that you just want money or views out of it. Casually mention your blog in an internet conversation. Set the link to your blog as your profile picture, or put it as your signature, e.g.
"Have a good day! -Lizasaur (lizasaur.blogspot.com)"
4. Don't be a sook
If you don't get the amount of views or likes you wanted, don't cry about it, just write another post and hope for the best. Maybe do a more interesting blog post next time. It's okay not to be instantly Zoella. People don't magically know your blog adress. If your posts are funny, clever and have catchy titles, when people look up the name, they might find your blog.
I hope anyone starting out found that helpful. I am still kind of new to writing on my blog, so please don't kill me if I gave bad information. I was just sharing what worked for me.
Today's month of poetry is about loud noises. It is acrostic and I think that I picked very good words for it.
Little Sister
Owl
Unquieted music
Dog
I hope you enjoyed that, by the way I invented "Unquieted" as a word, do you like it?
Okay byeee
Lizasaur, out! ♥
No comments:
Post a Comment