Monday, 4 January 2016

LIGHTSABER ICYPOLES

Welcome back to my blog! Today I am going to be talking about lightsaber icypoles.

But first I am going to do my month of poetry entry for today. Today is another acrostic (because the only types of poetry I can really DO are acrostics and haikus). So this is about Star Wars. Don't worry, by the way, contains NO spoilers for any Star Wars movies except character names. Or robot names.


Star
Teedo
Annakin
R2D2

Wars
Ak-rev
R5D4
Skywalker


Congratulations if you know all those characters. I had to look some of them up. Also, for some reason, my computer doesn't think Annakin is a word. Um, hello? Computer? Have you been living under a rock? He is from Star Wars. What's Star Wars you ask, computer? Nothing much, just the BEST MOVIE OF ALL TIME.

Anyway

Lightsaber icypoles.

So today I was babysitting my little sister, so we decided to make lightsaber icypoles. I got a recipe book for Christmas so we decided to test it out! We made them with pink grapefruit mineral water, lemon juice, water, sugar, food colouring, moulds and a freezer.

I am not going to put the recipe here because I don't want to copy something that people worked hard on.
Here is the link to buy it:
Click here to buy the book!

There is lots of other yummy recipes, including three flavours of ice sabers, R2-D2ti frutti sundaes, Chewie chocolate cheescake pops, ice cream clones and much more. This isn't a paid advertisement by the way, I just really like the book and I would definitely recommend it if you like baking but you don't want to go to much trouble.  Did I mention the Han Solo sealed in CHOCOLATE?

Anyway,
Our ice sabers turned out really well, and we ate them real quick. we were going to make them red, but there was no red food dye so we made them pink instead. By the way, if you were wondering where we got the moulds, they come with the cookbook. So that was a fun activity. After we made them, they had to freeze for FOUR HOURS!!! But they were sooooo good, even if they were pink.

Thanks again for reading my blog post for today; don't forget to buy the Star Wars iced treats cookbook!

Lizasaur, out! ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment