Saturday, 9 January 2016

Month Of Poetry Update + Book Review

Hello! welcome back to my blog! Today I will be doing an update about month of poetry. I know I haven't really been sticking to it very well, but I still want to complete. Please don't get upset at me if I miss a day, or write a bad poem. I. Am. Ten. Years. Old. Do I need to spell it out? I'm not perfect, and I have other things I want to do as well. So please give me no hate for missing a day or two, I will post them as soon as I have time. So here is my poem for today, anyway. it is about a book I am rereading for the third time, called Counting by 7s  by Holly Goldberg Sloan. Here it is

She lost everything
Her life was destroyed when her
Mum and Dad were killed

That was very heavy. But if you want to read the book, I am doing a book review right here right now.

                                                                       Counting By 7's
This book revolves around the life of twelve-year-old genius Willow Chance, who loves plants, medical conditions (especially skin conditions) and the number 7. She was adopted by her parents as a baby, after her parents left her at an adoption center.

She starts middle school, only to discover that her genius is not accepted, and she is sent to the principal for "cheating" in a test. Because no one has ever got 100% on that test before, they assumed she was cheating, and when she didn't admit it, they sent her for counseling as a liar and a cheat. This is where we meet our 2nd main character, Dell Duke, counselor for high school and middle school "troublemakers".

 After a few weeks of counseling, Willow meets the 3rd main character and her best friend, Mai Nguyen, and her brother, Quang-ha when Mai comes to pick Quang-ha up from counseling. Barely 2 months later, Willow's mother found out she had a cancer, a serious one that needed to be removed immediately. On the way home with her husband, Willow's Mum and Dad had a car crashed. Her Dad was killed instantly, her Mum died 3 hours later.

The story is about how she adjusts to and deals with life without her parents. This is probably my favourite book that I have ever read, alongside the Hunger Games and The Fault In Our Stars.

Want to buy the book? Click here

I hope you love reading about the life of Willow Chance as much as I do.

Okay byeee

Lizasaur, out! ♥

1 comment: