Friday, 1 January 2016

Month of Poetry!

So my Mum is doing this thing called month of poetry. I thought it might be fun, so I am going to give it a try *hides behind shield* please don't hate me if I give up halfway through or miss  a day. so today's challenge is a haiku poem. And not to brag, but I won highly commended in a poetry competition with an entry about dogs. I will insert it here, but remember, this is NOT my poem for today. Also, I wrote this when I was 7. Please give me no hate.



Dogs (a haiku poem)



Dogs, free animals

Domestic dogs, in their yards
Wild dogs get shot. Why?



They have warm fur fleece

Their coats ripple in the wind

Ears streaming, they run



Fleeing for cover

Then bang bang bang bang! Hunters!

A wounded dog lay



It lay so still there

In a pool of blood, dying

For life always ends





The rest of them run

For they want eternity

As their lives are good



They flee for cover

The smell of blood and sweat stays

Then it’s night, they sleep



Soon the sun rises

They keep together for warmth

Joyful barks ring out



For old friends are back

Because spring has now returned

New life all around



Some newborn puppies

A family of racoons

A baby squirrel



Beginnings and ends

Life and death all around us

We all die one day.








I am aware it is incredibly morbid. Okay, so here is my poem for today:



The voices ring out

Fireworks burst through the night

It is the new year




I hope you like it, I'm a little rusty, haven't done a haiku poem for about a year now. Tomorrow I might do a limerick poem, or maybe an acrostic one, or even another haiku. let me know in the comments below what you would like me to do, and suggestions for a topic as well. Thanks for reading!


Lizasaur, out! ♥

4 comments:

  1. I like your haiku a lot, Lizzie. It's much less sour than mine for today! You can do the group challenge for MoP tomorrow if you like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd rather have my own schedule and ideas, but thank you for offering

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you Haiku - and the poems about the dogs has so much energy and joy as well as sadness. Keep writing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this. Excellent writing. When you were only seven? WOW. You're a poet like your mom. I admire her very much. And now I admire you too.

    ReplyDelete