Hey guys! I know it's been a while since I posted, but I wanted to talk about something.
I thought maybe it would be best to talk to people who mostly don't know me in real life about it.
So recently, on a minecraft server I like to play on, I've been seeing a lot of drama. And I don't mean "I hate u!1!!" "I hate u 2!!11!" drama, I mean full blown arguments, typing in caps, insulting each other, and generally things I don't want to be a part of. So, I logged on today, thinking "I might play with my friends a bit" when all of a sudden...
the spammers hit
It was a huge argument about something to do with gay rights, and I believe I saw a few people saying extremely rude things about "straightos" as well. I looked at about 3 lines of text, said "Hell nah" and logged off. Then I thought "Hmm, I'll go to the forums of this server, that's always a nice place to talk". WRONG. The spammers had made accounts as well, and were continuing to spam on forums. Well, I DO NOT like getting involved in drama, so I logged out and closed the tab. I went to play on a friend's realm for about an hour. I came back thinking, "they'll be banned by now". WRONG AGAIN. They hadn't been banned as no staff members were online. I just left, and I decided that I wanted to talk about this to you guys.
So here is my post:
Internet Drama
Reasons Internet Drama is Created:
•equality
•Losing games
•General rudeness
•Threats
•Other
So, here is my handy percentage chart of how much these things cause it:
Losing games - 45%
Equality - 25%
Threats - 15%
General Rudeness - 10%
Other - 5%
You'll notice losing games is a HUGE percentage, because in my experience, losing games can be very hard on some people, who then take out anger on others.
So yeah, I'm enjoying life on the internet right now (not)
I've also decided to take a temporary break from the server in question, just for a few days while this is sorted out. If it's not sorted by the time I come back, I may leave for a few weeks, or a month. I don't want to be involved in any of it.
So thanks for reading.
And remember, internet drama is NOT fun for anyone. Just don't, okay?
Okay byeee
Lizasaur, out! ♥
No comments:
Post a Comment